Saturday, February 21, 2009

Black Girl Out...BCM Cocktail Party

However, for me that was not the most interesting part of the evening…There seems to be the token black girl, who I might add is NOT blonde (but it seems she’s a part of the shows cast) and in my sincere opinion not that hot. Since 98% of the crowd was Caucasian there were as many African-Americans as I have fingers so we stood out. Well this poor little (Black) girl who has been grouped with the mafia stuck out like a sore thumb, you could tell there wasn’t a common thread between them and if there was it didn’t show in the least bit.

So for some reason (I’m sure for staging purposes or hating purposes, who really knows)I became a likely acquaintance…SIGH…I was showered with complements on my dress and where I bought it (did she actually think I was going to tell her where I got my dress?) and then the ish hit the fan…..Brace you’re self for this one, first she told me my hair was out of place and then proceeded to fluff my hair because “there are cameras everywhere, and you don’t want to get caught on camera like that” and wait! I’m not done she actually tried to turn me away from a camera to continue to fix my hair which I can tell you was never out of place, I had just left the salon!!!! I know all of you want to what I did and why I didn’t act a damn fool (because I was losing my mind on the inside). Well, she was right about one thing, there were cameras everywhere and I was standing there talking to a girl who was micro phoned, so anything I said could possibly end up on TV and we all know once “we” start acting a fool it goes straight to TV. So I put on my best smile and nodded my head and acted as if I agreed and was totally into to our fake interaction (UGH). Needless to say I’m still stunned by what took place, but now I’m even more interested to see how her role plays out on the show. Now, I don’t have a picture of her, though I desperately tried to get one before leaving but here’s a brief but concise description: tired LBD (Little Black Dress), awful shoes, MAC makeup done before the taping, and an up-do obviously done by someone who doesn’t normally do African-American hair, need I say more? I’m not saying I’m a stunner but I believe I gave her a healthy dose of competition.

No comments:

Post a Comment